Illuminated Journaling: Love Signs

When I was in high school I had an opportunity to take a class in sign language. It changed the course of my Senior year...as I ended up having a group of girlfriends that were deaf. They graciously shared their world with me...and my world was expanded beyond anything that I could have imagined.

You haven't lived until you attend a dance where the music is too loud even for your teenage ears...but everyone can dance because they can feel the rumble of the bass! One of my favorite memories from high school.

It has been a long time since I have needed to sign...but there are certain words/signs that are still present in my memory. "I Love You" is one of those! I almost can't hear the words without seeing the sign.

When I first visualized this page, I was just going to do a finger with a string on it...but when I sat down to draw - I kept seeing the sign for I love you! I ended up thinking it was more appropriate than just the finger with the string...1 Corinthians 13 is about remembering what love is...patient, kind, does not envy or boast, is not arrogant or rude, does not insist on it's own way. With Valentines Day just around the corner...it is good to remember what God says love is really all about!

I've joked in the past, that every hand that I draw has a strangely masculine form to them! I've been practicing - and I feel like this hand doesn't look totally manly...see practice does help! I am glad it doesn't look too "guy-ish" - but know that I can see the resemblance to ET's long bulbous finger! LOL  Ok...a bit more practice is in order.

I colored the hand with just colored pencils...and have included it in the sessions in my Illuminated Journaling Workshop: 101 Techniques. It is all about layering...and I would love to share with you what I learned in the process.  There is still time to pre-register for either or both of my Workshops...it saves you a little money - and you will be ready to go on the 15th!  Here is a link:


Click Here To Learn More

Supplies: Prismacolored Pencils/Gamsol, Distress Ink, Micron and Pitt Pens, Signo White Gel Pen

Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!



Here are the basic tools and supplies I use when I journal:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series